WebLogis enables you to explore a map and find information useful to you.
How it works
The Web Mapping Application page has four main parts:
- Links, along the top, to this Help, Contact Information, a Start Over button, and other Loudoun County websites.
- A Toolbar, above the Map Screen containing:
- Pan, or move, around map
- Zoom in or Zoom out
- Zoom Full map extent
- Zoom to previous extent or Zoom to next extent
- Identify features
- Clear Map
- Print Map
- Pictometry imagery
- Map Screen, on the right, shows the main map.
- Console, on the left, contains tabs for choosing Map layers, performing Searches, Tools to interact with the data, and viewing Results.
Working with the Console
The Console consists of four Tabs:
- Contents: Lists data groups and their corresponding layers with checkboxes to turn them on/off as well as transparency adjustment.
- Legend: Shows map legends for the data layers.
- Find Address: Search for Address by street number and/or name.
- Get Directions: Find driving directions by entering street addresses or by selecting addresses on the map.
- Parcels - Search by PIN: Search for parcels by their Property Identification Number (PIN), with three available search types.
- Parcels - Click on Map: Search for parcels by clicking on the map, with three available search types.
- Search Assessments: Search for assessment information of existing parcels by Owner's Name (internal only), Parcel ID Number (PIN), Property Address, or Tax Map Number.
- Aerial Imagery: Open the Aerial Archive application or Pictometry oblique imagery by clicking a location on the map.
- Latitude/Longitude: Find & Zoom to a point by entering the Latitude and Longitude coordinates.
- Measure: Measure a point (coordinates), line (distance), or polygon (area & perimeter).
- Metadata: Links to files that contain information for each data layer in the mapping application.
- Report Feature Area: Calculate area of features contained within a specified parcel.
- More Mapping Apps: Links to additional Loudoun County mapping sites.
- Displays results of a task.
Click the title bar area of the tasks within each tab group to show/hide the contents of the tasks:
The Console area can be expanded or contracted:
- Hover the mouse over the border between the Map Screen and Console and the cursor changes to a back and forth arrow.
- Click and hold the left mouse button and drag the mouse to increase or decrease the width of the Console.
Working with the Map Screen
The Map Screen displays all the data layers that are turned on in the Map Contents.
The scale level slider in the upper left corner of the Map Screen controls the scale intervals in two ways:
- Click the up & down arrows at the top and bottom of the slider to zoom in or out one scale interval at a time.
- Click on a slider bar tick mark or drag the scale indicator box to a tick mark to zoom directly to that scale.
- The current map scale is displayed above the slider.
There is an Overview Map available in the bottom left corner of the
- Click the red to open and close the Overview Map window.
- The main map's current extent is indicated with a red box in the Overview Map.
- Drag the red box in the Overview Map around to change the location on the main